Anything to do with childrens custody and access. Post how things work for you, or look in here to check what other families are doing!
Forum rules: *Warning - READ THE RULES OF THIS FORUM BEFORE POSTING!*

Section 121 of the Family Law Act 1975 makes it an offence to publish proceedings or identify people involved in family law proceedings - please ensure that your post does not breach this law.

Never use identifying factors in your posts such as real names, ages, places, etc., or put facts together in such a way that can identify you or any other individual.

Do not name and/or denigrate any magistrate, court representative, professional or other person.
Be aware that any online posts by yourself, including in our Forum, on Facebook or Twitter, etc., can be searched using search engines such as Google, and can possibly be used against you by others in a court of law.

This site does not contain legal advice. Where personal legal advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent legal practitioner.

Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15
For any concerns regarding this forum, please email us at forum.administrator@singlemotherforum.com
By Sarahcade226
Hi.
My ex and I don't have a court order but agreed to every second weekend and he would come see him during the week twice.
My DS is 5 and has refused to go to his father's house, he won't even stay with him for a few hours or even in the same room without me there. The first time it happened he called me 10mins after drop off saying he was screaming, I suggested distracting him, taking him to the park etc and see if he calms in a few hours but no he wanted him picked up straight away.
Ds goes between not wanting him when he's over to playing with him for a little while.
I take him to his house every second Saturday and stay as long as I can, in hope he will want to stay. My problem now is he is demanding to sleep at my house too see him every second weekend, when I explained that will not help him want to stay at his house and is not good mentally for my other 3 children( who he dropped as soon as soon as we broke up), he lost it and is now demanding I bring him to his Sat and Sun and stay for the full day. Am I being unfair not doing this? That would mean every second weekend I can't make plans or take my other children out. I let him come over basically when ever he wants to, even know all he does is criticize me and I hate to see him so much, but I do it for my son. Would a court make me go to his house for 2 full days?