Feeling depressed & need another mums shoulder to cry on? Maybe you're feeling depressed about something (or everything!). Lighten your emotional load in here!
Forum rules: Please do not post any real names or identifying details in the forums (This is to comply with Section 121 of the Family Law Act, 1975, and also for privacy issues). This site does not contain legal advice. Where personal legal advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent legal practitioner. Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&start=0
For any concerns regarding this forum, please contact us here: http://www.singlemum.com.au/contact/
By lovethyself
i have got so much going on lately that it is hard to stay positive and focus. im finding its hard to breath, my heart has a heaviness to it and im holding back the tears, yet again.

i fell like i am constantly being ignored by my kids, you tell them to do something and they just walk away, they dont even acknowlege you.. i feel like just putting my hands up in the air and walking away.. but what sort of a mother would i be if i did that, its not their fault they have a mother the state she is, well not entirely their fault, the more discapline i try and hand out the harder it gets, the aggression from my 6yo is unbearable, i know in another year things will be better, but i feel its time for the world to stop and let me catch up. i want to be happy again, i want to love my kids the way they deserve, i want out quality time to be full of happy memories rather than mum yelling and them screaming...
i have help coming from organisations, but it isnt happenign fast enough, i feel like im on a roller coaster that is constantly taking nose dives, i dont have a chance to catch my breath before im down there again..
when will it end??????
By Forum Administrator
From one of our Facebook mums who can't login:
---------------------------------------------

I hear you !! I feel the same way, constantly, but thank goodness for a great GP!! I know how hard it is, I feel the same way about kids, have even put myself to bed/ timeout, as they don't listen. I feel powerless, lonely and a complete failure, when others seem to be blossoming!! I personally don't think they deserve it, I work hard and generally I care. But as time goes in I understand why some women walk away, problem is - no one to take the kids!! So here we are, but you are not alone !! Send me a private message mentioning you are on here and can add you to chat ? If you want, I am in Brisbane. Stay strong as you can be, I here too for you. Just on the mobile at the moment, not the computer. Sending hugs xxxxxx

-----------------------------------------------------------
By lovethyself
thankyou for your words,
i am going to see my dr again, i havent had a review of my meds in 4yrs, probably time i should ....
today i had lots on but i still feel flat, empty, i am there for the boys, i love them, we snuggle, and laugh, but i still feel empty and flat, i feel false and i dont want them to grow up with the false feeling, hopefully they arent picking up on it to much...
By SaffaMa
As my hero Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela "After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb."

I too have a six year old boy, and unfortunately it's not going to get better, it will probably get a bit worse as they build up an increase in testosterone.

I ended up on stress leave for three weeks from work from a combination of trying to be superwoman and doing everything. I didn't put myself first. Ultimately you are human, not just a mother. How often do you get time to yourself? It may be something that is needed. I really can sympathise with you, as I have felt the same, but I also believe that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Keep on weathering the storm!