Pregnant and on your own? We'd love to hear about it, and when you're due!
You can post in here to find other single and pregnant mums to share your journey with too! Or maybe even get some advice from those of us that have been-there, done-that!
Wow what a brave woman you are. I had a my daughter 2.5 years ago & whilst I wasn't raped, her father is less than reliable & I left him at 4 months pregnant. So I do know what it is like to do it on your own, despite having a supportive family. I know if you are here on a permanent residency you can get assistance from centrelink, I am pretty sure the only thing you cant get assistance for is to study but in every other way you will be treated as an Australian within our welfare system. I know this as my brothers sons mother (wow what a mouthful) was here for two years on a permanent residency (she is dutch)& was on the single parenting payment. You should even be eligible for the baby bonus. Give centrelink a call & see what they can do for you & good luck xo
I guess by now you will be enjoying lots of cuddles with your little girl.

I like Maisymouse's advice - just tell people that the father is not in the picture - they don't need to know anything more and might treat your daughter differently if they did know.

I would wait until your daughter is atleast in her late teens before telling her about her father as that is a huge thing for her to get her head around and if other people know it will be harder for you to keep this secret - other kids could find out and tease her about it.

Good luck.