Family Law Court Custody Orders, Parenting and Consent Orders, Recovery Orders, etc. - any discussions/questions to mums regarding Family Law or Magistrates Court Orders in here!
Forum rules: Please do not post any real names or identifying details in the forums (This is to comply with Section 121 of the Family Law Act, 1975, and also for privacy issues). This site does not contain legal advice. Where personal legal advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent legal practitioner. Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&start=0
For any concerns regarding this forum, please contact us at
By Fiona Nelson
Hi there,
Just wondering if my two kids will be made to live with my ex-husband of 6 years if I die.
He is mentally ill, alcohol dependent, on a disability pension plus earning $ at night playing music. He has never had the kids fro more than 12 hours and both kids now hate spending time with him as he reeks of booze and cigarettes and then they smell.

I contacted a trustee company to ask if I can nominate a guardian instead of their father and their response was unhelpfully that it will be up to the courts.
Can't I have my wishes in my will that my 2 NOT live with him. He cannot even look after himself but will deem this a betrayal if he found out.